Sat, Jul 24|
Health, Hygiene, and Sanitation
16 hour Course that satisfies the new Tennessee Law (HB320) requiring this additional education every 2 years for Natural Hairstylist and Braiding Professionals.
Time & Location
Jul 24, 2021, 9:00 AM – Jul 25, 2021, 5:00 PM
Columbia, 1810 Shady Brook St, Columbia, TN 38401, USA
About the event
Infection Control & Sanitation is the process of eliminating or minimizing the likelihood of transmitting infectious agents between individuals and from the environment to individuals. When used in hair salon settings, it is often called sanitation and infection control.
Infection control is also known as asepsis in medical settings. The term implies the physical measures for preventing infection and procedures to ensure that personnel has appropriate sanitation attitudes.
Bacteria-causing infections have increased by more than 250 percent over the last decade.
Our professional education program is an essential part of our commitment to provide trained professionals for the well-being of our communities.
Why take this course?
1. To review and become familiar with the basic laws regarding sanitation, infection control, and Hygiene safety.
2. To identify personal responsibilities in achieving a safe, healthy work environment.
3. To investigate OSHA regulations concerning infection control and sanitation practices.
4. To learn measures that can be taken to reduce personal risks of infection at work.
5. To review methods of preventing cross-contamination in all work areas of your salon or spa.
6. This course will give you access to continuing education credit hours for your state board of cosmetology in both sanitation and infection control categories!